Saturday, November 20, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 20: Mining tragedy

Dominating the headlines in New Zealand today is the terrible explosion in the South Island at the Pike River Coal mine. The explosion happened yesterday and there are 29 miners and contractors trapped underground until conditions are deemed safe for rescuers to start the rescue operation.

NZ Herald has a good summary and time line of what is happening.  My heart goes out to anyone affected by this terrible tragedy and thoughts and prayers today have been with the miners and their families.  This is such a tragedy. I am holding hope that there is a miracle and that they all make it out safely.  Chile gives us hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...