Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Summer is finally here...

Oh my gosh, it is hot today...I walked out of my air conditioned office to hit the heat. Metservice says it's 27 degrees Celcius (81 F), but it feels way hotter.  Even the dogs are panting and trying to find the shadiest places around the house.



The kids know how to cool off though...wish this was closer!


Christmas Day was a quiet affair...the kids, Tony and I went out for Christmas lunch at a fabulous restaurant .  The kids dressed up and they all look so grown up. Sarah now has contacts and she looks so different without her glasses.

Hannah, 16, Nick, 13, Sarah, 11
Such lovely ambience with Christmas carols, bubbles and all the Christmas pud you could eat. Even Santa made an appearance!




I have managed to get a bit of sewing in. We have been at the beach for 2 weeks so I have been sewing hexies...I love these little things.  They are so addictive. Ever since I saw this hexie pillow, I have wanted to make something similar.  So that has been my night time project when I am exhausted from all the walking on the beach, sunbathing, reading and sleeping!

I love bees too and have joined the Modern Stash bee.  The problem with bees is everyone is always very excited to start with and interest peters out as the year goes on.  This bee is only 6 months so hopefully, the interest will stay around for longer. The hostess for the month wanted the Supernova quilt block in greys and yellows so I came up with this...


5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Deb. Horrendously hot here too, 36 degrees driving through town at 5.30. Still very warm and it is bed time for me.

    Loving that you can sew and stitch at the beach. Kids are so grown up now! Looking lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you are warm and we are cold. Love the beach and family scenes. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to think of 81 degrees somewhere - it's cold (43 F), wet and rainy here today, so a little warm weather sounds wonderful! But we're expecting 70 degrees on Saturday, very unusual for January, so I'm planning to enjoy it! Your kids look so happy - it's hard to believe Sarah is already 11! Happy New Year, friend - enjoy the warm weather and those hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is cold!!!!! in southern California- I had to pull out a Canadian winter coat to wear. Your family pics are great - your children have grown so much since I saw them. What is a "quilting" bee? Is it like a block exchange? I have joined a block of the month in order to become a better paper piecer, however I haven't started the block yet as I am doing my charity quilts first this year and ended up with 6 full size bed quilts from my scraps. I will be posting a tutorial on my blog once completed as it is the best pattern for strips between1 - 3 inches long. Enjoy your summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your supernova block!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...