Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Starburst QAL Week 3 and Japanese x & + blocks

 Week 3  of the Starburst QAL is the Flying Geese. I have never made geese using the no cut way, but I am totally sold on this idea now.  So easy and Melissa explains it so well.  I was tempted to make up a block, but I think I will wait til next week when she posts the next tutorial.  


I have made a couple more Japanese x and + blocks. I was dying to use Sarah Fielke's new fabric that I just got, so cut into that as soon as I got back from the beach yesterday!




I am back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off work, so I am not looking forward to the 5.30am alarm going off.  No doubt the sewing will slow down a bit too, although I have promised myself I will try to sew for at least 30 minutes every day as my "ME" time.  The weather has been so incredibly hot the one good thing about returning to work will be the air conditioning in the unit!

5 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! I'm a little envious of anyone who gets to work in an air conditioned space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of your fabrics - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just had to pop through from my google reader to say how great your geese look - and doesn't she do a great job with her tutorials? i'm going to wait to assemble until next week too because she might have another tip i'd never heard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stick to that 30 minutes of ME time!! And enjoy that air conditioning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb... I am also a New Zealand blogger.. lovely to come across you blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...