Saturday, June 08, 2013

Tula Pink's City Sampler & May Lucky Stars BOM

I knew as soon as I saw Tula Pink's latest book, that I had to buy it. I really like Tula's style and this book will become one of my favs I think.  There's 100 little 6.5" blocks in the book and she shows various ways of using the blocks.  I love the Rainbow Gridlock which is the one shown on the cover...such a cheery, cacophony of color. I am roughly following (but not exactly) her color scheme and am trying to use a little bit of Tula's fabrics in each block, if I have the color.  I have joined Sara's sew along at Sew Sweetness and there are some gorgeous blocks in the flickr group. Here are my finished blocks so far.


I have also finished the May star in the Lucky Star BOM.  I really like this one and love how it has turned out.



3 comments:

  1. Oh haha, it's like you took my 'to do' list and got started on it! Love all your blocks - my TP book just turned up yesterday - can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Masters. Terrific result.
    More quilting time now???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little grumpy today because I ordered my Tula Pink's City Sampler from her shop (really her mother runs the store) and instead was sent TP's older book along with a fabric sampler starter. Hopefully, IheartTulaPink will respond and send the correct book of City Sampler with the 100 blocks, and set things right. Meanwhile, I cannot work on the sewsweetness sew along as have no book.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...