Thursday, December 26, 2013

Flea Market Fancy wonky stars finish...

I hope everyone has had a fabulous Christmas.  I just had family here at home which was lovely and relaxed...my sister, her partner and children, my mother and her partner and all my tribe....14 of us in total.   As usual, I ate too much, but it's hard to say no when there is so much delicious food.




We always take a photo on Christmas Day.  It's always fun to look back at how much they have grown. I'm the shorty of the family now, even though I am 5'7".  My kids from left to right Sarah (12), me, Hannah (17) and Nick (14).  

I managed to get some time in the afternoon when everyone was having nana naps to finish my FMF wonky stars quilt.  I decided to FMQ uneven loopy stars to match the wonkiness of the stars.  For the back I made one large wonky star and used some of my fav FMF prints at each end.  The binding is a Denyse Schmidt print.






Close-up of the quilting







2 comments:

  1. What a nice star backing, really makes it a bit special, glad you had a lovely xmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...