Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Finish, Tula Pink and a Foray into Cake Decorating

Its been a long time since I posted a finish. I started an I-Spy quilt for a friend of mine about 6 months ago who was expecting a baby.  It sat in its unfinished state with the top and backing just waiting to be basted. I hate basting.  In fact, I despise it. That is probably why I never finish a quilt! That baby is about 3 months old now! I also have another friend, Amelia, expecting a baby, and her baby shower is this weekend, so I got my act together and finished this one off in just a couple of days for her. I will have to make another one for my other friend. She will never know!! 

IMG_2625
The front of the I-Spy quilt
Baby quilt for Amelia - The back of the quilt
The back of the quilt

I have also finished a few more Tula Pink blocks. We only have about 20 blocks to go. I will be sad to see this QAL finish as the blocks just whip up so quickly and I love the look they are creating.




And a finish of a different kind. One of my other passions is cake decorating but I am mainly self taught.  You Tube and the internet are wonderful teachers! For my birthday back in August my hubby bought me a Wilton cake decorating course at Milly's in Parnell. It was a 2 day weekend course, so we stayed in Auckland for the Saturday night.  It was such a fun weekend and we learnt the basics of piping and working with buttercream.  My finished creation....


Wilton Cake Decorating - Course 1


Wilton Cake Decorating - Course 1

2 comments:

  1. Love the Eye Spy quilt - super back to it too. Oh your cakes look just beautiful - would hate to cut into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cake! OK, you need to find a solution to the basting problem, because your quilt is really lovely and it would be nice to see more finishes. Maybe a different method would help? Or you could get it thread basted by a longarm quilter? Or I'm not opposed to child labour if you've got some minions handy...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...