Sunday, November 23, 2014

Adorn Mini Quilt finished



I signed up for the Instagram Mini Swap a few months ago. I haven't made many minis. Actually I have only made one, but now that I have my own sewing room instead of a closet, I am wanting more things to hang on the walls.  My partner, unfortunately, has not been an active member of the group. In fact, she has only posted once and that was a mosaic that was reposted from someone else.  This made it quite hard to figure out what she might like.  She did have Camille Roskelly's Adorn pillow in her mosaic, so I decided I would do make that. Her colours in the mosaic were quite Christmassy.

I selected a lovely stack of greens, reds and aquas and set about making some strip sets, then used my equilateral triangle to cut out the 12 shapes. It didn't take long at all to do and I used a lovely soft grey that I had picked up in Salt Lake City a year ago for the background.

I decided to straight line quilt it and radiate it from the centre of the star. I have Jacquie Gering's Creative Quilting with Your Walking Foot class and she has lots of handy hints and tips in this class.




I used painter's tape to ensure my lines were straight. It doesn't leave any sticky residue. I did try my Hera marker, but I couldn't see the lines very well on the grey. I used my favourite light grey Aurifil 2600 for quilting.




For the binding I chose a Ruby print which I thought went really well with the colours in the star.




And for the back... a Tula print


  

Just have to add my label and I can post it off this week. I hope she likes it.


4 comments:

  1. It's a lovely mini - the quilting looks fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspirational mini! I hope she loves it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Deb. Always hard when swap partners are quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful. I can't imagine any quilter could not love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...