Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kitchen Window and At the Beach

I have finished the top of Kitchen Window and am really pleased with how it has turned out. I will do a pieced back from some of the fabrics that I have used on the front and hopefully quilt it his weekend. I am going to FMQ it so wish me luck...it will be my first effort.

It is also Hannah's 15th birthday today. I can't believe that she is already 15. Sarah and I got busy in the kitchen once Hannah had gone to school and made her a cake. She is always lying outside trying to get a tan, so we thought this cake summed up her existence very well...complete with book, iPod, phone (which I believe may have to be surgically removed from her one day!) and her water.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, you are a clever gal! I love the cake - how special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt top is gorgeous! Good luck with the FMQ on it.
    Love the cake too. Very clever and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the FMQ! Just practice on a test sandwich and you'll feel more confident before moving to "the real thing".

    The cake is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the CUTEST cakes I've ever seen! Do you do cakes for $$?

    I really like the quilt with the black borders, too.

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt top Deb. But that cake, takes the cake. Love the stripped towel and doen't that just depict a 15 yrs olds life! Happy birthday to Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Hannah! And what a beautiful and creative cake, Deb - and so good to hear that Sarah helped make it! And finally, your quilt top is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there anything you can't do?? That cake is awesome, well done you. The wuilt looks fab too, again. Hope all is well in your house and progressing nicely?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...