Wednesday, November 02, 2011

How quickly life can change...

Right now I am sitting at the hospital next to my little girl. Last Friday I got the call that every parent dreads...."hello, There has been an accident and your child is hurt". I was on my way to pick up Sarah as she had been away at school camp for the week. The parent who was driving the car turned into the school driveway without seeing an oncoming car. Sarah was the rear seat passenger and took the full brunt of the impact as the car hit her directly. When I got to the scene, she was trapped in the car and was unconscious. She needed to be freed from the car by the fire service and was air lifted to the hospital. She has sustained a subdural haematoma with a head injury, facial and nasal fractures, fractured pelvis and fractured femur along with more bruises covering her little body.

I can't get any photos to upload at the moment but there is a pic of the car on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/61671915@N02/6302961567/in/photo stream

It has been a roller coaster these last few days but she is making progress now. She is such a brave little girl and so strong. I can't bring myself to leave her side and when I do, all I think about is getting back to her. It is going to be a long haul for the next few months...

I did go home last evening for a couple of hours and brought back my Bliss quilt to finish the binding on. She sleeps an enormous amount as a result of the drugs and the head injury so I will make good use of the time she is asleep!

13 comments:

  1. Oh dear - many blessings and prayers are with her and you. I hope she has a successful recovery even if it be slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb, my heart goes out to you from one mother to another. Sarah sleeping is Sarah healing, you know that but Mum also needs some sleep too.
    My prayers are with you all.
    hugs - Miche'le

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb, heart-breaking news. She's lucky to have you all by her side. Puts my petty complaints in perspective this morning. Much love from us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deb,I'm so so sorry to read your news about Sarah this morning. Wishing her a speedy recovery and sending lots of hugs to you and your family. Thinking of you, hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb that's terrible news and I can only imagine what you must be going through. I hope her recovery goes well and is not too drawn out. Look after yourself too though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb that is an awful thing to happen to your little girl.I will be coming back frequently to hear how she is recovering. Be strong - she needs her Mum.
    Sending you Hugs and Good Wishes for a full recovery of your daughter, Ali.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Deb, what a shock for you all. And a massive injury too. Thinking of you all and I hope Sarah continues to recover. I am sure your Bliss quilt will be comforting to work on too. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear your news, but please know that you, Sarah, and your whole family will be in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bugger not what any mother wants to hear. I will try and find you next week,in workshops all this week, which ward are you on?
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stopped back to your blog, wanted to tell you that I've been praying for you and your family, for a speedy and complete recovery for your daughter. May God's peace surround you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers coming your way from Washington DC for your little one and the entire family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Deb that's terrible...I just was answering your comment on my blog about Raro and then read your post. That is so sad for you and your family. All my good tho hrs are with you. Gilli

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh,dear I am so sorry! Prayers for you and your young one...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...