Saturday, November 12, 2011

Guess what I bought today....

Anyone that knows me knows I love technology and gadgets.  I especially love Apple!!  I started with an iMac and an ipod nano, then bought an iphone 2 years ago. When I went to Vietnam I bought an iPad.  My husband rolled his eyes and I could see he was thinking "Oh just another toy" and he referred to it as a silly little ipad. Well, he uses that silly little ipad more than me now!!!

The iphone 4S was released here in NZ yesterday, so I popped into town this morning and am now the owner of a new iphone.  Siri is fun, but there are obviously issues in understanding my Kiwi accent!!! Oh my, it's a hard decision whether to sew or play with my new toy!!

Source: geeksfever.com

I have found a couple of quilting applications that I use on the ipad...BlockFab HD and the Robert Kaufmann quilting calculator. Does anyone have any favourite apps that they can't do without?   I find I use my ipad a lot in the kitchen if I have found a recipe online. I also store pdfs of quilting patterns and photos look great on the ipad, so it becomes a virtual photo album.  If you have an ipad, what do you tend to use it for?

5 comments:

  1. I don't have an iPad, but I use the Robert Kaufmann app for my iPod and love it - it's my favorite of all the quilting apps I have. My husband just loaded Pinterest on his iPad and seems to be enjoying that on there. I'm hoping for a Kindle Fire - some of the benefits of the iPad without the high price. I just can't justify an iPad in addition to my MacBook Pro.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear Sarah is doing so well. What a relief for you all.

    I don't EVEN have a cell phone....( should I? )...but I do love my computer and have a laptop, as well.( both HPs ...sorrry apple person. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you little gadget geek you! Enjoy your toys, they are great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have one but I want one!! I would love to use it just for blogging/email portability. It would be so much easier to carry around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, I'm so happy to hear that Sarah is now back home and coming along well, wonderful news! Have fun with your new toy, I've got my eye on one too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...