Wednesday, November 17, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 17: Fourteen!!



Fourteen years ago today I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Look at her now!!! She's 2 inches taller than me, and the same size as me. This was taken just before we out to tea tonight with her younger brother and sister.

We always celebrate birthdays with a tradition of going out to tea at a restaurant.  When the children were younger we used to cook a special meal at home and have a birthday cake. They would get to choose their favourite meal and we would make it a party atmosphere.  As they have gotten older, (and their table manners have gotten better lol) we now go out for a meal. Tonight we went to a local Indian restaurant and I can hardly walk now due to eating copious amounts of butter chicken and lamb korma!!

Does anyone else have anything special they do as a birthday tradition??

5 comments:

  1. And doesnt she look like her Mum! Lovely to see the kids growing up Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hannah! We have a young man on the verge of a drivers licence... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to your dear Hannah! I can't believe how much they have all grown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Hannah - my oldest is also Hannah, but somehow she's already turned 21. How did that happen?
    One of our birthday traditions is I'd always have "lolly bags" made for all of them when they came home from school and have streamers and balloons up in the family room. As they get older they still want that done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do the same tradition as you with our little ones, they choose fav dinner to have at home. Might look at taking them out as they get older and better table manners too

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...