Tuesday, May 27, 2014

ALYOF May goal - Churn dash pillow completed


Churn Dash pillow


My goal for May was to finish my Churn dash pillow that I started recently. I don't have many pillows and I intend to make a few more.  It's a great feeling to finish up something so quickly, rather than making a big-ass quilt!!

I think I am smitten with this pillow.  I love the colours and I love how it has turned out.  The churn dash is such a simple block, but looks so effective.




For the back, I used a Lu Summers print that works really well with this pillow. It's simple and not too fussy and just complements the low volume on the front. And the binding is a Pearl Bracelet fabric.


Back of Churn Dash pillow


And my fav block ...


Heather Ross bee surrounded by AMH flowers



Linking up with 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, that's so pretty, Deb!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Deb - I LOVE the fussy cutting you did for the centre squares and the colours you used are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! My goal was a little churn dash piece and I never even thought to make it into a pillow. Oh well it is a table topper or wall hanging now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great, such happy colours! I agree, the Churn Dash is a great block

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Very colourful. Can't wait to see the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...