Thursday, March 07, 2013

Finished Starburst quilt

I have finished my Starburst quilt. Spent all day Sunday quilting it....just an all over stipple as I was too lazy to do anything else and I wanted to get this baby finished. I used a Michael Miller Couture solid for the binding...I think it was called Violet. These solids are just so lovely and soft and the range has such vibrant colours. I love how it has turned out.



For the back I wanted colours that complemented the front so went for a pieced back. I used Joel Dewberry's Heirloom and some Kona solids.



8 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love it! It came out great :D That purple binding really makes it. So how is the hand of the cotton couture? Is is drapey? soft? Really like your version, nice and winter-to-springy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a simple quilting is all this needs so you don't take away from the lovely starbursts. I love the choice of binding and the pieced backing is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous - what size were the blocks and how large did the quilt end up? Your grass looks a lot greener than my lawn here in Auckland.

    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks gorgeous - I really like the back too - I never have the patience to do a cool back even though I love the look of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi love the quilt! and the back is great too! (I belong to the MM group...another nerse!!!!) Linda kokaquilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stars! This block has been tempting me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I have never seeen such large star! Brilliantly done - the colours are outstanding. I love Michael Miller solid colour fabric I just used orange and Malibu Blue in a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...