Sunday, December 02, 2012

Granny square quilt and bee blocks

A wee while ago I joined a Granny Square swap on flickr.  We had to make 24 granny squares: 8 on Snow, 8 on Charcoal and 8 on white and then you would get 24 squares back in your chosen base colour.  We all followed the same tutorial by I'm a Ginger Monkey so that our blocks would all turn out the same.  Unfortunately 3 of the blocks were too small, so I redid 3 in similar colours and I will put the 3 small ones on the back of the quilt. I guess everyone's quarter inch seam is not always a quarter inch. Anyway I love how this has turned out and hopefully will baste it tomorrow. I think I will FMQ it all over in a meandering way.


The other sewing finish I have is my last block in the Modern 99 bee, using blocks from Modern Blocks book.  This has been a fun bee, and I have attempted things I have never done before like free piecing and paper piecing, but I have learnt lots and met new people along the way. This is Jane's block in bright fun solids. I have put together a mosaic of all the blocks I have made for the Modern 99 below as well. Thanks everyone; it has been a fun bee.

The Potager block


Modern 99 blocks

1 comment:

  1. Love your Granny! Sometimes it is rulers that don't cut true - I try to buy the same line rules - OR if they are cutting by their mat lines cuts will be off.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...