Monday, February 06, 2012

Block envy!

Well, just got back from a long weekend at the beach again to find one of my blocks has been featured on Cut to Pieces blog. Angela is one of the designers in the 99 Modern Blocks book. I am doing 2 bees that use the designs from this book. With one of them, Modern 99  we get pre-chosen fabric sent to us each month and the other, Modern Minx, we use our own stash, but with guidelines from the bee member as to colours etc.

The first block for the year in the Modern Minx bee was Envy by Angela and I used Hope Valley fabrics by Denyse Schmidt for it. The solids are Kona Green Tea and Snow. It was easy to make and her directions simple to follow. 


In the Modern 99 bee, the first block was Mondrian by Jamie Moilanen.  The funny thing is that the angel  block I made for a member in the 3x6 bee group that didn't receive a block turned out to be for Jamie. I had no idea when I made it and I nearly picked the Mondrian to make for her. How funny would that have been!! It wasn't until I had mailed it off and was looking at making the Mondrian for this bee that I twigged that the name I had written on the envelope and the designer's name in the Modern Blocks book were one and the same!!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Waitangi Day! I love your blocks - oh, the Kona Green Tea solid - now that is something I think I need to add to my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, Had been wondering what you were up too. Love your blocks. I am more of a modern contemporary quilter I have decided. I am following this site too with all the little bits they are doing.
    Just wondering, if we had a retreat here, would you be inerested in coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks Deb and happy Waitangi Day
    hugs - Miche'le

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blocks! Love that bicycle print in the second one, too! :o)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...