Saturday, February 01, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes - January Goal done

My goal for January was to finish my Kitchen Window quilt which I started 2 years ago.  I finished it today...how's that for cutting it fine!!  I took to to the beach with me on holiday and was quilting it with a Rainbow Superior thread. I ran out of thread over there and of course no-one stocked it so I had to wait until I came home before I could get more thread. And Murphy's Law, they had none in stock. Finally, I got some the day before yesterday so have been quilting like a mad woman!


Kitchen Window quilt finished


 I chose to do pebbles on the windows then used a wishbone for between the windows. I completed it off with a spiral on the outside. For the binding I used a Joel Dewberry Heirloom print.


Back of Kitchen Window







Linking up with 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just lovely! Fantastic quilting to really compliment the pattern and still let those pretty fabrics shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. The designs you quilted really suit the quilt and your execution of them is great. Well done on meeting your deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And your quilting looks so perfect - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really like these blocks. Wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt, Deb! And I love your quilting - it really makes it special! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilting and a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...