Thursday, January 09, 2014

WIP Wednesday - St Louis 16 Patch

Even since I saw Steffani's St Louis 16 patch quilt on her blog, I have been smitten.  I am not sure if it is the richness of the colours, the gorgeous AMH fabrics, the purples (I adore purple!) or what it is, but I knew I wanted to make one too.  


St. Louis 16 Patch


I didn't jump on the bandwagon when it was first doing the rounds of Flickr and Instagram as the time wasn't right, but I had the urge to cut into my Chicopee last week.  This is one of my favourite Denyse Schmidt ranges and I think it is the rich colours of the reds, the oranges, pinks and blues that just sang to me.

I started off with just 4 blocks to see if I liked the look of them. They stitched up so easily. Seriously, Steffani's tutorial is incredibly easy to follow. I mixed the Chicopee with some Hope Valley and some older ranges of DS fabrics that I have been hoarding  waiting for the right quilt to come along.




I loved the look of these so continued until I had 22.  Was going to go for a 5 x 6 layout but it would have been for one mother of a quilt!  Will pop the extra 2 on the back.


Max, our Bichon, inspecting the quilt



Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is very nice!! I like the mix of color - how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of these 16-patch quilts - it seems hard to go wrong with them. Your Chicopee version is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...