Friday, November 01, 2013

Bee blocks and Tula Pink blocks

I am all caught up on my bee commitments. I belong to just 2 bees now, the Mo Stash bee and the 3 x 6 bee, and think I will keep it like this for a while. I love making blocks for others and getting the squishy parcels in the mail, but am finding I have a zillion quilt tops to put together from all my bees, plus I am not getting the time to make my own quilts. Now that summer is coming I will probably spend less time at the computer and at my sewing machine and more time at the beach or gardening.

The first 2 blocks are for Linda in the Mo Stash bee who wanted any combo of aqua, red, chartreuse, fuchsia or dark purple with a white background.  


Modern Stash bee - Linda's (ljs742) block

Modern Stash bee - Linda's (ljs742) block


The next 6 blocks are for a Star hive in the 3 x 6 bee. I loved making these and think I will make a quilt top for myself using this pattern.  I did a log cabin block for the centre and then wonky star points. I have just bought Quiltography for my ipad and love it.  Easy to use and suits my needs perfectly. I was inspired by this pouch and drew it up on the ipad in a few quick minutes.


3 x 6 bee Star hive - Sara's (thompson.sarag) block


3 x 6 bee Star hive - Ella's (shimmyblister) block


3 x 6 bee Star hive - Nicole's (nicolehc) block


3 x 6 bee Star hive - Lis's (menolly13) block


3 x 6 bee Star hive - Anna's (Somethingsewn) block


3 x 6 bee Star hive - Melissa's (hunnybee1977) block


And my Tula Pink blocks from 64-69...



5 comments:

  1. Oooh, yes I love those log cabin/wonky star blocks - will have to go on my list of 'must make one day'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks... Your bee block are always amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a name for the pattern of the first 2 blocks you posted? I'm looking for something very similar. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful blocks as always Deb!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...