Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2013 - Home machine quilt


I love the Blogger's Quilt Festival and look forward to it each time it comes around. So much amazing creativity and inspiration.  I am submitting my Birds and Bees Quilt that I finished in November last year.  I think Birds and Bees by Tula Pink is my all time fav of all her ranges.  I was lucky enough to have a jelly roll of this so used the "Dripping with Diamonds" pattern from Jelly Roll Dreams by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  The jelly roll wasn't quite enough for all the diamonds, so I ordered more of my favourite fabrics from the range to make up the rest and to add to the back. I used Kona solids for the background and diamond centres.


I think I am particularly drawn to this range as it has many of my fav colours in it and I just adore those little ladybirds!

For the back I used my 3 fav fabrics and a Kona solid "Green Tea" which went really well with the purples and blues and I used a Deb Strain stripe for the binding. 


I straight line quilted it on my Bernina as I thought this would show off the diamonds better. I wanted the fabric to be the focus not the quilting.


I think this is one of my all time fav quilts and it gets used all the time as a snuggle quilt.

Be sure to visit all the other amazing quilts in the festival

8 comments:

  1. Wow- I love this - great use of pattern and the fabrics and the machine quilting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen this pattern before, and its fantastic. Love how you quilted it too! Congrats and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the richness of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great jelly roll pattern. I love the purple diamonds and stripy binding.. Your straight line quilting was a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt and a great job on the quilting. Those purple diamonds really show off the fabric line nicely. Great job!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why this is your favourite quilt - very cool pattern and beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. audacieux choix de couleurs pour un résultat surprenant ,félicitations

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...